This scholarship is not restricted to college or university training, but shall also include training or schooling in non-academic fields or endeavors. Applicants and awardees may apply for additional one-year awards. Awards are made payable to the recipient and the educational provider. Doerr scholarships vary in amount, but are not usually less than $1,000.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must be a high school graduate.
- Must be a Vineland resident.
- Must demonstrate positive character.
- Must demonstrate financial need.
- Must demonstrate intelligence standards.
- Must demonstrate scholastic ability.
“Vineland residents” or students graduating from any high school, public or private in the Vineland area
Applicants shall demonstrate, by high school performance, the potential for successful college work. Scholastic standing, while important, shall be one of several factors to be considered. Applicants must have high ideals and have demonstrated integrity, purposefulness, initiative and sense of social responsibility. Employment experience will also be considered.